Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
These simple Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas bake in the oven on one tray for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Servings 4 people
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (omit for a mild seasoning)
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- 2 sweet bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime (plus extra lime wedges for serving)
- Optional, for serving: salsa, 8 fajita-size flour tortillas (warmed), sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole, cilantro, salsa, tomatoes
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or coat with oil or nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, stir together paprika, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
Arrange chicken, bell peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with the seasoning blend; toss to coat again.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring halfway through. Drizzle with lime juice and serve immediately.
- Lightly oil the sheet pan or spritz with cooking spray so that the chicken and veggies don't stick. For easy cleanup, line the pan with foil or parchment paper.
- To easily warm the flour tortillas before serving, wrap the stack of tortillas in foil and place them in the oven during latter half of the baking time. Alternatively, you can microwave the tortillas on a plate under a damp paper towel until warmed through.
- Slice the chicken about ¼-inch thin so that it cooks in the same amount of time as the vegetables.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your taste preferences. Reduce the cayenne or omit it altogether for mild fajitas.
- Stir everything halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165° F on an instant-read thermometer.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 963mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3436IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg