Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
Whether you're hosting a cookout or just preparing a quick weeknight dinner, these juicy and tender grilled bbq pork chops are always a hit!
Servings 4 people
- 4 thick-cut boneless pork chops
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons BBQ dry rub seasoning (or substitute with just kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste)
- ½ cup Red Gold Red Neck Riviera 1776 Original Barbecue Sauce, plus extra for serving
Pat the meat dry. Rub each chop with olive oil and sprinkle with BBQ rub, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of rub on each side of each pork chop).
Heat coals, gas grill, or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush grates with oil to prevent sticking. Place meat on the grill and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side (for thick boneless chops) or refer to the cooking time chart above for other cuts. The pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145° F. Baste with Red Gold Redneck Riviera 1776 Original BBQ Sauce during the final 3 minutes.
Transfer chops to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side.
- Get the grill nice and hot. Pork chops are a lean meat, so they stay juiciest when cooked quickly over high heat.
- Wait to baste the chops with the barbecue sauce until the final 3-4 minutes of grilling. This will prevent the pork from burning on the grill. Serve additional sauce on the side.
- The total grilling time will vary depending on a number of different factors, such as the temperature of your grill, the temperature of your chops when they go on the grill, and the size and thickness of your meat. As a result, it's always best to use a meat thermometer to know exactly when your pork is done. You're looking for an internal temperature of 145° F.
- Allow the meat to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. The juices will redistribute throughout the meat so that the pork chops stay nice and juicy.
Serving: 1bbq pork chop | Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg