Chicken Thigh Marinade
A savory chicken thigh marinade with soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic and herbs turns this affordable cut of meat into a tender, juicy and flavorful meal!
Servings 4 - 6 people
- ¼ cup less-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
In a large measuring cup or in a jar with a lid, whisk (or shake) together all of the marinade ingredients until completely combined.
Place chicken thighs in a large Ziploc bag or bowl. Pour the marinade in the bag with the chicken. Seal the top of the bag and place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight is even better).
Remove chicken from the bag or bowl and discard the marinade.
TO GRILL THE CHICKEN THIGHS:
TO BAKE THE CHICKEN THIGHS:
- To serve a smaller family, cut the ingredients in half and only bake about 1 pound of chicken thighs.
- Switch up the herbs and just use your favorites. For instance, add parsley instead of oregano, or use thyme instead of rosemary.
- Instead of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, try bone-in thighs. The bone-in meat tends to require a little bit longer cooking time.
- Swap out the honey for brown sugar.
- Don't have any garlic salt? Use garlic powder instead and add a dash of salt.
- Make Ahead: if possible, marinate the chicken thighs overnight. This will yield the most tender, juicy meat. At a minimum, let the chicken sit in the marinade for 2-3 hours.
- Use fresh herbs for the best flavor. If you don't have access to fresh rosemary or oregano, it's fine to use a smaller amount of the dried herbs instead.
- The total cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken and on the temperature of the meat when it goes into the oven or onto the grill. As a result, a meat thermometer is always the best way to know when your chicken is done. It will be perfectly tender and juicy when it reaches 165° F.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 914mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 108IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg