Antipasto Pasta Salad
All of the delicious meats and cheeses from your favorite antipasto platter come together in a crisp, cold Italian pasta salad!
Servings 8 people
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup olive oil
FOR THE SALAD:
- 12 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta (farfalle), or other short pasta shape
- 12 ounce jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup drained and chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cubed salami
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cubed pepperoni
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed cheese (such as mozzarella or Swiss)
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained (about ½ cup)
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese; chopped fresh parsley
MAKE THE DRESSING:
Place all of the dressing ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processor. Cover and pulse just until combined. With the blender on low, gradually add the oil in a steady stream. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper or sugar, if desired. Set aside until ready to use or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
MAKE THE SALAD:
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with remaining salad ingredients.
Drizzle dressing over the salad, tossing to coat. You might not need all of the dressing, so save the extra in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serve the salad immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Give it a toss just before serving, and dress with additional vinaigrette to moisten, if desired. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- For a shortcut, use your favorite store-bought red wine vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing.
- Add lettuce: crisp, chopped Romaine would be a great addition to the salad.
- Use any olives that you prefer.
- Swap out the salami or pepperoni for other cured Italian meats, such as prosciutto, capicola and sopressata.
- Any short pasta shape will work. Try elbow macaroni, penne, medium shells or tri color rotini spiral pasta in lieu of the bowtie pasta.
- Antipasto Tortellini Pasta Salad: for a more decadent salad that eats like a meal, use cheese tortellini instead of regular pasta.
- Pick your favorite cheese -- little fresh mozzarella balls, cubed mozzarella, sharp cheddar or Swiss will all work!
Serving: 1/8 of the salad and dressing | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 933mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 767IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 2mg