Pork Sirloin Roast
It doesn't get much easier than this flavorful and delicious Pork Sirloin Roast with just 5 minutes of prep!
Servings 6 people
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless pork sirloin roast
- 3-4 tablespoons all-purpose seasoning (a blend of equal parts kosher salt, garlic powder, dried parsley flakes, minced onion and dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sweet orange marmalade (or more, as needed)
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley or thyme
Pat pork dry with paper towels. Liberally season pork on all sides with all-purpose seasoning. Wrap pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300° F. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Unwrap pork and place in skillet. Cook until browned on all sides, about 7 minutes.
Spread orange marmalade on top of the pork. Transfer to the oven and roast until pork registers 140-145° F on an instant-read thermometer, about 50 minutes – 1 hour.
Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10-15 minutes. Thinly-slice the pork and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- If your pork roast is tied with butcher's string, leave the strings on the pork throughout the cooking process. Snip the strings when you're ready to slice the meat.
- If you don't have a cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillet), sear the pork in a skillet and then transfer the meat to a roasting pan or other oven-safe dish to finish in the oven.
- The total cooking time will vary depending on the size, thickness, and temperature of your pork when it goes into the oven. As a result, it's best to use a meat thermometer to know exactly when your pork reaches the desired temperature.
- Allow the meat to rest before slicing and serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute, rather than just running onto the cutting board.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or thyme for a bright, colorful touch at the end.
Serving: 1/6 of the roast | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 2mg