Easy Green Bean Casserole
This Easy Green Bean Casserole has been a staple on our Thanksgiving table for my entire life, but it's simple enough for your next weeknight dinner!
Servings 6 people
- 16 ounce package frozen French-cut green beans (or see note below for substitutes)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, not diluted
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ⅓ cups crispy fried onions, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 ½ -quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Place frozen green beans in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add a splash of water, cover, and microwave just until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes). Drain and return green beans to the bowl.
Add condensed soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, and ⅔ cup of the fried onions to the bowl with the green beans; stir to combine.
Transfer the green bean mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
Stir, sprinkle remaining ⅔ cup of fried onions on top, and bake for about 5 more minutes.
- Swap out the frozen French-cut green beans and use 4 cups of frozen cut green beans, 4 cups of cut fresh green beans, or 2 (14.5 ounce) cans canned green beans (drained). If using frozen or fresh green beans, cook in the microwave until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes for frozen or 8 minutes for fresh).
- Instead of the cream of mushroom soup, use a different flavor of condensed soup. Cream of chicken or cream of celery would both be good in this recipe.
- Add cooked, chopped bacon to the green bean mixture, or sprinkle cooked bacon on top of the dish during the final few minutes to get nice and crispy.
- Sauté sliced fresh mushrooms and stir them into the green bean casserole before baking.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheese to the casserole before baking. Sharp cheddar cheese would be perfect!
- To serve a larger crowd, double all of the ingredients and bake the casserole in a 3-quart dish. This larger casserole will serve about 12 people. If you need to serve 20 people, I recommend preparing two large casseroles (3 quarts each), which will require 4 times as many ingredients.
- Original recipe from Campbell's Foods
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg