Pumpkin Dump Cake
Grab some canned pumpkin and a box of yellow cake mix and you'll magically have a Pumpkin Dump Cake with streusel topping ready for the oven in about 10 minutes!
Servings 16 slices
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin purée (about 3 ½ cups total)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk, half-and-half or heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup butter, sliced into very thin squares
- Optional, for serving: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream; caramel sauce; dash of cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, salt and cloves until completely combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix and pecans over top. Add thinly-sliced butter to cover the top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the pumpkin filling is set and the topping is golden brown.
- Substitutions for Yellow Cake Mix: if you don't have a box of yellow cake mix, try using white cake mix or spice cake mix.
- Use whole milk, half-and-half or heavy cream. I do not recommend substituting with a fat-free or low-fat milk, because the fat in the dairy helps to make the rich pumpkin custard.
- Pecans are Optional: You can omit the nuts altogether, decrease to just ¼ cup (I often do this to appease my kids!), or use different nuts such as walnuts or almonds.
- Cool to Slice: You can serve the dump cake warm, straight from the oven; however, I find that it's easiest to slice the cake into neat squares if you allow the cake to cool for at least 1 hour.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 8647IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2mg