Easy Guacamole Recipe
This easy guacamole recipe is made from scratch in about 5 minutes with just 4 simple ingredients!
Servings 4 servings (about 1 cup total)
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted and cut into ½ -inch cubes
- Juice from ½ of a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Optional add-ins: ¼ of a small onion, minced; 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro; ½ of a small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced; ½ teaspoon cumin; 1 small tomato, seeded and diced; grilled or roasted fresh corn
Place the pitted, cubed avocados in a medium bowl. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the avocados to a relatively smooth puree. Add lime juice, salt and garlic powder; stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt or garlic powder, if desired.
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of guacamole. If you're serving a larger crowd, or if you'd like to have more leftovers, I recommend doubling the ingredients.
- While lime juice is traditional, you can make guacamole with lemon juice in a pinch.
- Spicy Guacamole: add half of a seeded, minced jalapeño pepper to the 4-ingredient guacamole recipe.
- Add-ins: if you like more flavor and texture in your guacamole, try stirring in some diced tomatoes, salsa, minced red onion, fresh cilantro, roasted or grilled corn, sour cream, cumin or jalapeño pepper.
- Which onions for guacamole? If adding onion to your guac, try the more traditional minced white onion, the mild yellow onion, or a zesty minced red onion. Any will work well, so it's really just a matter of taste preference.
- Which tomatoes for guacamole? Any seeded, diced tomatoes will work here. If it's summertime and you have access to sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes, those are a great choice. The rest of the year, Roma or Plum tomatoes are a nice option.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg