Tomato Cucumber Onion Salad
This Tomato Cucumber Onion Salad is an easy side dish that highlights the red, juicy tomatoes and the crisp, cool cucumbers of summer!
Servings 6 people
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and sliced into wedges
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced into half-circles
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and basil.
In a separate bowl or jar, whisk or shake together olive oil and vinegar. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Allow the salad to marinate for about 30 minutes – 1 hour at room temperature or in the fridge (if you prefer a cold salad).
Serving: 1/6 of the salad | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 808IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg