These easy Roasted Cabbage slices are a delicious, healthy side dish recipe with just 10 minutes of prep!
Servings 6 people
- 1 medium head green cabbage, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose seasoning recipe (or sub with just salt and pepper)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and brush or spray with olive oil. Place cabbage rounds in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil onto each piece of cabbage and rub it around with your fingers (or brush the oil onto each piece). Season with all-purpose seasoning (or salt and pepper), to taste.
Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden brown, about 40-45 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use the same method to roast other types of cabbage, such as red cabbage.
- Any of your favorite herbs and seasonings will work here. I love the blend of salt and herbs in my all-purpose seasoning, but you can keep it simple with just salt and pepper. Try garlic salt and pepper, chopped fresh parsley or rosemary, or even a touch of thyme.
- For darker, crispier cabbage (which is very flavorful!), leave the cabbage steaks in the oven for up to 1 hour.
Serving: 1cabbage slice | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Vitamin C: 111mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg