Pimento Cheese Recipe
Just 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep for this classic Southern pimento cheese recipe!
Servings 3 ½ cups
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, not drained
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Place the cheese in a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine diced pimentos (with their juice) and mayonnaise. Add to the cheese, toss to combine, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve as a dip with fresh vegetables, spread on bread as a sandwich, or on top of crackers.
- Since you're only using three ingredients in this recipe, it's really important to choose the highest quality cheese and mayonnaise that you can find. Grab a really great block of sharp cheddar -- that's the flavor that you will taste the most!
- Do not use pre-shredded cheese from a package. It's best if you grate the cheese by hand or in a food processor just before using.
- Allow the pimento cheese to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes before serving. This will make it softer and easier to spread.
- If you're preparing pimento cheese sandwiches, you'll need approximately ⅓ - ½ cup of the cheese spread per sandwich. This recipe will make about 6-7 sandwiches. For 10 -15 sandwiches, for instance, you'll need to double the recipe. For 50 sandwiches, you would need about 25 cups of pimento cheese spread (or about 7 batches of this recipe).
Serving: 1/4 cup | Calories: 228.5kcal | Protein: 8.1g | Fat: 21.7g | Saturated Fat: 8.6g | Cholesterol: 32.9mg | Sodium: 274.2mg | Potassium: 1.5mg | Sugar: 1.7g