Ham Steak Recipe with Brown Sugar Glaze
A quick addition to brunch or an easy dinner is ready in 15 minutes with this Ham Steak and Brown Sugar Glaze!
Servings 2 people
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cooked ham steak (about 8-12 oz.)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Dash of salt
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ham steak to the skillet and cook in the butter until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove ham to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
In the same skillet with the butter, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened (about 2-3 minutes). Scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan (this will add flavor to your glaze). Pour the glaze over the ham steak just before serving.
- One ham steak serves about 2 people, but you can easily scale up the ingredients to feed a larger family. For instance, if you're serving 4 people, you can pan-fry 2 ham steaks and double the ingredients to make twice as much glaze.
- You can also grill ham steaks on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill. I recommend brushing the steak with butter before putting it on the grill (for flavor and browning, and also to prevent sticking). Make the glaze in a skillet for serving, if you like.
- The nutrition information for this recipe is merely an estimate, assuming a ham steak that weighs about 12 ounces and consumption of the entire skillet of glaze. The exact nutritional value of your ham steak recipe will depend on the amount of glaze that you actually consume, as well as the size and cut of your ham.
Serving: 1/2 of the ham steak and glaze | Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1716mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg