Grilled Steak Tips
These Grilled Steak Tips are marinated in the best sweet and savory sauce! It's an easy dinner that's perfect for the warm summer months.
Servings 3 - 4 people
- 1 lb. steak tips
- 2 chopped green onions
FOR THE MARINADE:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (can substitute with balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder (or 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup canola oil (or other neutral oil such as vegetable oil or avocado oil)
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until completely combined. Add the steak tips and green onions. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
When ready to cook, allow the steak to sit on the counter and come to room temperature while you prepare the grill.
Heat the grill over high heat. Remove steak tips from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Brush the grates of the grill with oil (to prevent sticking) and place the steak tips directly on the grill. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare steak, 5 minutes for medium, and 6 minutes for medium-well. Total cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your steak. For medium-rare, you’re looking for an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees F; for medium steak a temperature of 135-145 degrees F; for medium-well steak a temperature of 145-155 degrees F.
- Rice vinegar is a vinegar made from fermented rice in China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam. It has a slightly sweet taste, which pairs really well with the soy sauce in this marinade. If you don't have rice vinegar on hand, you can substitute with another vinegar, such as balsamic or apple cider.
- If you're feeding a larger family, double the marinade ingredients and grill 2 pounds of steak tips instead of just 1 pound.
- I use less-sodium soy sauce, but you can substitute with regular soy sauce or even tamari or coconut aminos.
- Nutrition information provided is merely an estimate, assuming about 1 tablespoon of marinade per serving.
Serving: 1/4 of the grilled steak tips | Calories: 303.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.3g | Protein: 22.6g | Fat: 21.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 347.7mg | Potassium: 4.5mg | Sugar: 1.7g