Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
The most perfect soft, thick and chewy Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are a family favorite dessert!
Servings 40 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 small box (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the pudding mix, vanilla extract and eggs. Beat well. Gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt, beating at low speed just until blended (careful not to over-mix). Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets that are lined with parchment or silicone mats. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.
- We use milk chocolate chips because that's what my boys prefer. You can substitute with any variety of chocolate chips -- bittersweet, semi-sweet or white chocolate chips will all work!
- Make Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies by using a variety of chocolate chips. Include milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips for a variety of flavors. You'll need a total of about 11.5 ounces (or about 1 ⅓ cups).
- To keep the cookies chewy and moist, remove the cookies from the oven when they’re just slightly browned (but still look a bit soft in the middle). They will firm up as they cool, but they will remain soft and chewy. Finally, it’s important that you don’t over-mix the dough once you add the dry ingredients (which can result in tough, dry cookies).
- Serve the cookies warm or at room temperature with a cold glass of milk on the side for dipping.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 128.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 21.7mg | Sodium: 82.4mg | Potassium: 28.1mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 9.7g