Perfect 15-Minute Grilled Pork Chops
Tender and juicy every time, these grilled pork chops are truly the best!
Servings 4 people
FOR THE PORK CHOPS:
- 4 thick-cut boneless pork chops
- Olive oil
FOR THE HOUSE SEASONING:
- ¼ c. garlic powder
- ¼ c. kosher salt
- ¼ c. dried parsley
- ¼ c. dried minced onion
- ¼ c. dried basil
PREPARE THE HOUSE SEASONING:
GRILL THE PORK CHOPS:
Heat coals, gas grill, or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush grates with oil to prevent sticking. Place meat on the grill and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side (for thick boneless chops) or refer to the cooking time chart above for other cuts. The pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Get the grill nice and hot. Similar to pork tenderloin, pork chops are a lean meat, so they stay juiciest when cooked quickly over medium-high or high heat.
- The total grilling time will vary depending on a number of different factors, such as the temperature of your grill, the temperature of your chops when they go on the grill, and the size and thickness of your meat. As a result, it's always best to use a meat thermometer to know exactly when your pork is done. You're looking for an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Allow the meat to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. The juices will redistribute throughout the meat so that the pork chops stay nice and juicy.
- Health Benefits of Pork Chops: Grilling pork chops can be a healthy way to prepare this lean cut of meat. Pork chops have 24 grams of protein in a 3-ounce portion and offers a good source of zinc. A 6-ounce grilled pork chop seasoned with olive oil and all-purpose seasoning has about 250 calories, 13 grams of fat, zero carbohydrates, and 31 grams of protein. This is a Keto-friendly and low-carb option.
- This recipe works well with bone-in or boneless pork chops. Just adjust the cooking time according to the size and thickness of your meat (refer to the chart above).
- Adjust the seasonings to suit your taste. You can use a prepared all-purpose seasoning, barbecue seasoning, cumin, paprika, onion powder, ground red pepper (for spice), any combination of your favorite herbs, or just keep it simple with salt and black pepper.
- Baste the pork chops with bbq sauce during the final few minutes.
Serving: 6oz grilled pork chop | Calories: 249.6kcal | Protein: 31.5g | Fat: 13.6g | Saturated Fat: 4.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 67.5mg | Sodium: 487mg | Fiber: 1.5g