Sweet Heat Southern Glazed Salmon
One of the easiest ways to prepare salmon in the oven, this Sweet Heat Southern Glazed Salmon is ready for the table in less than 30 minutes!
Servings 4 people
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup red pepper jelly
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place salmon, skin-side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Pat salmon dry with paper towels and season with ½ teaspoon salt.
In a small bowl, stir together red pepper jelly, remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt, garlic powder, parsley, onion and basil.
Spoon jelly over salmon.
Bake salmon at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes. Turn the oven to “BROIL” on high, and place the salmon about 4-6 inches from the broiler. Broil for about 2-3 more minutes, or until crispy and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Don't forget to line your baking sheet with foil! The sugars in the glaze will drip down and burn as the salmon cooks, so the foil makes cleanup really easy.
- You know the salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork. If you’re using an instant read thermometer, the USDA recommends a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, which should be measured at the thickest part of the fillet.
- Pat the fish dry before adding the seasoning. This will help the herbs stick to the salmon.
- You don’t need to use all of the glaze on your fish. The nutrition facts provided below reflect all of the glaze, so if you're looking to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe, you can use a smaller amount of glaze on top of your salmon. It's delicious either way!
- This recipe isn't too spicy, so even my kids love it. If you have picky eaters that like the salmon plain, you can omit the glaze from a couple of the fillets (just rub the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper). The baking instructions for the glazed salmon or the plain salmon are both the same, so you can prepare a dish that works for everyone at your table.
Serving: 1glazed salmon fillet | Calories: 343.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32.6g | Fat: 14.2g | Sodium: 480mg | Sugar: 24g