Green Goddess Dressing recipe
This easy Green Goddess Dressing recipe requires just 5 minutes of prep for a creamy, flavorful and fresh addition to any meal.
Servings 14 servings (2 tablespoons each)
- 1 clove garlic, grated or through a press
- 3 tablespoons minced anchovy (or 3 tablespoons anchovy paste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light mayonnaise, but any variety will work)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream (I use light sour cream, but any variety will work)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of pepper
- For a healthy Green Goddess Dressing recipe, try using light mayonnaise and plain Greek yogurt (as an equal substitute for sour cream). The Panera Green Goddess Dressing recipe, for instance, uses Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- A traditional goddess dressing recipe often includes tarragon and tarragon vinegar. If you can find those ingredients in your grocery store and if you like the taste of tarragon, feel free to use them in your dressing.
- Use your favorite herbs in this dressing. If you like the taste of fresh basil, add some to the blender! A little bit of thyme or cilantro would also be good.
- Swap out the lemon juice and use freshly squeezed lime juice instead.
- For a spicy Green Goddess Dressing, try adding a fresh jalapeño pepper to the blender. Leave the seeds in the pepper for a really spicy option, or remove the seeds for a more mild kick.
- Prepare the dressing ahead of time. Stored in an airtight container, the salad dressing will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- The nutrition information provided is merely an estimate. The exact nutrition facts for your dressing will vary depending on the ingredients used and the total amount of dressing created. These nutrition facts assume a total yield of about 1 ¾ cups of dressing.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 58.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.9g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 5.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Cholesterol: 19.8mg | Sodium: 372.2mg | Potassium: 13.3mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.6g