Oven Baked Chicken Breast
Serve the most flavorful and juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breast for an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love -- with just 5 minutes of prep!
Servings 4 people
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 ½ - 3 lbs. total)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry Italian salad dressing and seasoning mix
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in the dish and pat dry with paper towels. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place butter on top of chicken. In a small bowl, whisk together Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over top of chicken. Sprinkle dry salad dressing mix over all.
Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. If you want your chicken crispier on the outside, you can place the dish under the broiler for the final few minutes.
Spoon the pan sauce over the meat just before serving, and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Since the size and thickness of chicken breasts can vary greatly, I suggest using a meat thermometer to know when your chicken is done. The meat needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- For a shorter cooking time, cut large chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create thinner pieces of meat.
- Use the same ingredients and baking process with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The thighs will likely need less time in the oven, so reduce the baking time to a total of about 15-20 minutes.
- For an even crispier exterior, place the chicken under the broiler during the final 2 minutes of baking.
- If you're cooking chicken tenderloins or smaller chicken breasts, you'll want to decrease the baking time. You might only need to cover the meat for about 5 minutes, and then finish the dish uncovered so that the top can get nicely browned and the sauce can thicken.
- Wrapped tightly, the baked chicken breast will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also store the chicken in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Use leftover chicken on sandwiches or on salads for easy lunches or dinners throughout the week!
Serving: 1(10 ounce) chicken breast with ¼ of the pan sauce | Calories: 445.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.7g | Protein: 57.8g | Fat: 23.5g | Saturated Fat: 12.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 209mg | Sodium: 955.7mg | Potassium: 10.6mg | Sugar: 3.4g