Jiffy Corn Casserole
Jiffy Corn Casserole is an easy side dish recipe that's ready for the oven with just 5 minutes of prep! The sweet corn pudding is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas, too!
Servings 8 people
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn, NOT drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1 ½ or 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients. Transfer to prepared dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Is corn casserole supposed to be mushy? Yes! It has that "pudding" consistency, so you want it to be moist on the inside. You can tell that your corn casserole is done when it's lightly brown on top and the center is set -- but still soft.
- How to double this corn casserole recipe: To serve a larger group, double all of the ingredients and bake the casserole in a 9 x 13-inch dish. Depending on the type of dish that you use, you may need to increase the baking time to 50-60 minutes. See the note above to know when your casserole is done.
- Can corn casserole be made ahead of time? Yes! This is another great reason that this dish is perfect for Thanksgiving. You can bake the casserole up to 2 days in advance and then reheat according to the instructions below.
- Does corn casserole need to be refrigerated? Yes. Allow the casserole to cool to room temperature, cover, and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Can you freeze corn casserole? Yes! Allow the casserole to cool to room temperature, cover tightly, and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- How to reheat corn casserole: If frozen, thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight. Allow the casserole to sit on the counter to come to room temperature for about 1 hour. Then cover with foil and bake in a 300 degree F oven, just until warmed through (about 15-20 minutes).
- For a cheesy corn casserole, try adding about ½ cup grated cheddar cheese to the batter.
Serving: 1/8 of the casserole | Calories: 371.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.3g | Protein: 5.8g | Fat: 22.6g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 93.9mg | Sodium: 647.8mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 13.1g