Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Creamy and smooth with just a little bit of heat, this Buffalo Chicken Casserole is an easy dinner recipe that the whole family can enjoy!
Servings 4 - 6 people
- 1 (10 ½ ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT diluted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken for this step)
- 6 ounces (about 2 cups) dry rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup (about 4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir together condensed soup, softened cream cheese, milk, buffalo wing sauce, and ranch seasoning. Gently fold in chicken, cooked pasta and celery.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
Cover tightly with foil or a lid, and bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted).
- This buffalo chicken casserole recipe only calls for 2 tablespoons of buffalo wing sauce, so it's not too spicy at all! I keep it mild so that it's family-friendly; however, if you prefer a hotter dish you can add more wing sauce, to taste.
- Swap out the can of cream of chicken soup for a can of the cream of celery flavor
- Make sure that you're starting with softened cream cheese so that you can easily stir it with the rest of the sauce ingredients. It's fine if you still have a few lumps in the sauce -- the cream cheese will melt smoothly in the oven! To soften the cream cheese, leave it sitting on the counter for a couple of hours to come to room temperature, or microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- I use a store-bought rotisserie chicken for a shortcut in this recipe.
- Instead of the cheddar, top your casserole with grated mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Make this casserole lighter by using low fat cream cheese, reduced fat cheddar cheese, and Campbell's Healthy Request condensed soup.
Serving: 1/6 of the casserole | Calories: 311.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.9g | Protein: 19.3g | Fat: 12.5g | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 62.5mg | Sodium: 984.1mg | Potassium: 206.3mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 3.3g | Vitamin A: 8.3IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg