The easiest summer side dish! These Grilled Potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside -- and they require very little effort.
Servings 2 people
- 2 potatoes (russet or sweet potatoes will work)
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste)
- For serving: butter, chives, sour cream, cheese, bacon bits
Wash potatoes. Use a fork to prick holes on all sides of the potatoes.
Wrap potatoes individually in damp paper towels.
Microwave potatoes on high, one at a time, until tender (about 7 minutes per russet potato or 5 minutes per sweet potato).
Remove paper towel and allow potatoes to rest until cool enough to handle.
Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Brush or rub all sides of the potatoes with about 1 - 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste.
Preheat a grill (or indoor grill pan) over medium-high heat. Grill the potatoes flesh-side down for about 5 minutes (or until there are visible grill marks). Flip the potatoes over and place on upper rack of the grill (or on indirect heat) to keep them warm and to allow the skin a chance to get crispy (about 5 more minutes).
Finish potatoes with optional toppings.
- How to season Grilled Potatoes: Use any seasoning that you prefer! I keep it simple with just salt, pepper and garlic powder, but you can use steak seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, or my boys' favorite -- Old Bay!
- Scale the recipe for the size of your crowd! You can prepare one potato to feed yourself, 4 potatoes to feed your family, or any number that you need.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 149.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g