Ham, Cheddar and Broccoli Quiche
This easy Ham, Cheddar and Broccoli Quiche comes together with just a few minutes of prep! Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Servings 8 slices
- 1 frozen (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust, thawed
- 1 ½ cups cubed, cooked ham
- 6 ounces (1 ½ cups) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained, and chopped into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Layer ham, cheese and broccoli in the pie crust.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, dry mustard and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the broccoli. Gently use your fingers to press the broccoli and other filling ingredients into an even layer in the dish.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the quiche to rest for at least 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Recipes and Remembrances cookbook from Etlan United Methodist Church.
- I use whole milk, but heavy cream will also work in this recipe. I do not suggest substituting with skim or 1% milk, because you need the fat in the milk to create the best texture in the egg custard.
- Sallie uses cheddar in her quiche recipe, but you can substitute with any cheese that you prefer. Swiss, Gouda, or mozzarella would all work well, too!
- Instead of ham, substitute with an equal amount of cooked sausage or bacon.
- Can I make a broccoli quiche the day before? A quiche is a great make-ahead option for a party, but it’s best enjoyed on the same day that it’s baked. Leftovers are fine, but the crust can sometimes get soggy as it sits. While it won’t be the best quality, a properly wrapped quiche will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can you freeze baked quiche? Yes! After baking, allow the quiche to cool completely. Then wrap tightly and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- How to reheat Ham, Cheddar and Broccoli Quiche: To reheat a frozen baked quiche, do NOT thaw the quiche first. Simply unwrap the frozen quiche and bake it in a 350 degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until warmed through. To reheat a refrigerated quiche, cover loosely with foil and bake in a 325 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
- This homemade cheese and broccoli quiche can be served warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 260.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.7g | Protein: 15.2g | Fat: 16.9g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 131.7mg | Sodium: 795.1mg | Potassium: 162.5mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 2.5g