Grated carrots, pineapple and raisins come together in a sweet and savory Carrot Salad that's ready in about 15 minutes!
Servings 5 cups
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, most of the juice drained off
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Place pineapple (with juice) in a large bowl. Stir in sugar until it dissolves in the pineapple.
Add carrots, raisins, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Stir until just combined.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
Just before serving, give it a good stir and strain off any excess juices. Stir in additional mayonnaise, if desired.
The nutrition information provided below is just an estimate. If you drain off any of the dressing or juices, these nutrition facts will change.
- I use a hand grater to shred the carrots, but you can also use a food processor to make the job even faster.
- About 1 pound of carrots will yield 4 cups of grated carrots.
- Swap out the black raisins for golden raisins, if you prefer.
- Use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt.
- I used regular Duke's mayonnaise here (which we think is best!), but you can substitute with light mayonnaise.
- For crunch, try adding roasted sunflower seeds or slivered almonds just before serving.
- You can prepare this salad up to 24 hours in advance.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 167.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.8g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 4.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 1.9mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 384.8mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 26.4g