Classic Pasta Salad Recipe
This Classic Pasta Salad recipe is a staple at just about every summer picnic! Pair the vegetarian dish with grilled chicken, fish, steak or burgers for a healthy and easy dinner that the whole family will love!
Servings 14 cups
- 1 lb. uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (10.5 ounce) container of grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian salad dressing
Boil pasta in salted water, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta with vegetables. Add half of the salad dressing (about 12 ounces) and toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight. Just before serving, stir the salad and add more Italian dressing, as desired.
- This is an easy pasta salad for a crowd, because it yields about 14 cups. If you're cooking for a smaller group, I recommend cutting all of the ingredients in half. The rest of the instructions remain the same.
- Teresa always uses Wishbone Italian dressing, and I agree that it just has that classic taste that everyone loves. Of course, if you prefer a different brand of store-bought or homemade Italian dressing, that will work as well!
- For an easy Ranch pasta salad, try swapping out the Italian salad dressing and replacing it with an equal amount of Ranch salad dressing instead.
- Turn this salad into a main dish by adding your favorite protein! Grilled chicken would be great, as well as cooked shrimp. You can even make a canned chicken pasta salad recipe by adding some chunked canned chicken to the base.
- Pick your favorite vegetables -- almost anything goes! If you have other veggies that you prefer, swap them into the mix.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 202.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.7g | Protein: 4.6g | Fat: 7.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 420.4mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 4.6g