Dump-and-Bake Chicken Marsala Recipe
Just 5 minutes of prep for this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Marsala recipe! It's an easy and healthy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
Servings 4 - 6 people
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (thinly sliced chicken breast)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, NOT diluted
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme stems removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large, shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle mushrooms on top.
In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together condensed soup, Marsala wine, garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
Pour sauce over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F). The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken.
Garnish with additional fresh herbs, just before serving.
- Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the chicken in an 8-inch square dish.
- Don't have any Marsala wine? You can substitute with an equal amount of sherry, brandy or dry white wine. For an alcohol-free version, use chicken broth.
- For a truly creamy Chicken Marsala recipe, add a splash of heavy cream to the sauce after the dish is done baking.
- Can't find chicken cutlets or thinly-sliced chicken breasts at the store? Buy regular chicken breasts and slice them yourself at home!
- I prefer sliced baby bella mushrooms for this recipe, but white mushrooms will also work.
- Prep Ahead! You can assemble this dish in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
- This dish can be assembled and frozen before baking. Wrapped tightly, it will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can also freeze any leftover baked chicken and sauce.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 228.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.2g | Protein: 35.9g | Fat: 2.9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92.2mg | Sodium: 428.8mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 2.2g