Dump-and-Bake Chicken Marsala Recipe
Just 5 minutes of prep for this easy dump-and-bake chicken marsala recipe!
Servings 4 - 6 people
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (thinly sliced chicken breast)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, not diluted
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons minced or pressed fresh garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- For garnish: chopped fresh parsley, basil, or thyme
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a large, shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle mushrooms on top.
In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together condensed soup, Marsala wine, garlic, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper.
Pour sauce over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F). The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken.
Garnish with additional fresh herbs just before serving.
- Can't find chicken cutlets or thinly-sliced chicken breasts at the store? Buy regular chicken breasts, slice them in half lengthwise, and then pound them to an even ¼-inch thickness.
- I prefer sliced "baby bella" mushrooms for this recipe, but white mushrooms will also work.
- The total baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken, as well as the type of dish that you use. As a result, a meat thermometer is the best way to know when your chicken is cooked perfectly. It's done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, so don't overcook the chicken or it will come out tough or dry.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, thyme, or basil for a bright, flavorful finishing touch.
- Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the chicken in an 8-inch or 9-inch square dish.
- Don't have any Marsala wine? You can substitute with an equal amount of sherry, brandy or dry white wine. For an alcohol-free version, use chicken broth.
- For a truly creamy Chicken Marsala recipe, add a splash of heavy cream to the sauce after the dish is done baking.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 228.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.2g | Protein: 35.9g | Fat: 2.9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92.2mg | Sodium: 428.8mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 2.2g