Chicken Fried Rice with Thai Peanut Sauce
Chicken Fried Rice with Thai Peanut Sauce is a one-skillet healthy dinner recipe that's ready in just 20 minutes!
Servings 7 cups
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or other mild oil of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
For the Fried Rice:
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups frozen baby broccoli florets steamed in the microwave until just crisp-tender (about 1 ½ - 2 minutes)
- 1 cup frozen peas or shelled edamame, (NOT thawed)
- 1 ½ cups cooked, diced chicken (I like to use the meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds; chopped peanuts
Prepare the Fried Rice:
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until no liquid egg remains, breaking up eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
In same pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, broccoli, and peas; stir fry 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, rice, and approximately half of the sauce to the skillet. Stir until combined.
Add cooked eggs and green onions; heat through.
Stir in additional sauce, as desired. Top with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 53.3mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.7mg