5-Ingredient Cabbage Casserole
This 5-Ingredient Cabbage Casserole is a healthy dinner that bakes in one dish!
Servings 6 - 8 people
- 1 large head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used extra lean ground beef, but you can also use ground turkey)
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, NOT diluted
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice (I used brown rice, but any variety of rice will work)
- 4 ounces grated cheese (I used a reduced fat cheddar blend, but you can use your favorite)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender (about 5 minutes); drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, sauté ground beef or ground turkey in a large skillet until no longer pink; drain off grease and return meat to the skillet. Add tomato soup and rice.
Combine drained cabbage with beef mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer cabbage mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Bake (uncovered) for about 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
Serving: 1/8 of the casserole | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 51.4mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 3mg