Stuffed Pork Chops
Comfort food in just minutes! These baked boneless Stuffed Pork Chops with apples and Stove Top Stuffing are a cozy and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
Servings 4 people
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix, plus the additional ingredients called for on the package (butter and water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small apple peel on and finely diced
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 4 thick boneless pork chops (about 6-8 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley or sage
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add apple, onion and celery; sauté just until tender (about 5-7 minutes).
Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package instructions. Use a fork to gently combine stuffing with apple, onion and celery mixture. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket in each pork chop.
Fill each pork chop with about ¼ cup stuffing (or as much stuffing as you can fit inside). Secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Allow to rest for 3 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- I used boneless pork chops here, but you can substitute with thick bone-in pork chops instead. If using bone-in pork chops, you will need to increase the baking time to 45 - 55 minutes.
- Be sure to finely dice the apple, onion, and celery. You don't want big chunks, which will be harder to stuff in your pork chop.
- This recipe yields enough stuffing for about 8 pork chops. If you're only preparing 4 pork chops, you can serve any extra stuffing as a side dish with your baked pork chops. Just warm it in the microwave right before serving, if necessary.
- These stuffed pork chops are made with Stove Top Stuffing. I chose the "Savory Herbs" flavor, but you can substitute with any stuffing flavor that you prefer.
- I've shown you how to make stuffed pork chops in the oven, but you can also prepare these stuffed pork chops on the grill! How to grill stuffed pork chops: assemble the pork chops as instructed, securing with toothpicks. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side (or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145 degrees F).
- Stuffing Variations: feel free to add different ingredients to your stuffing mixture! You can make Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops by mixing in a handful of grated cheese; you can make Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops by wilting baby spinach leaves in your skillet when your vegetables are just about done cooking; and you can make Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops by cooking diced bacon in the skillet with the vegetables and adding that to the stuffing mix.
Serving: 1stuffed pork chop | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 784mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.5mg