Ham and Cheese Sliders
These easy Ham and Cheese Sliders are a quick, freezer-friendly, make ahead meal that's perfect for busy weeknight dinners, tailgates, get-togethers with friends, or church potlucks!
Servings 12 sliders
- 1 stick (½ cup) salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ small onion, finely grated
- 1 (12 oz) package King's Hawaiian rolls
- 12 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 slices cheese (Swiss, cheddar, or American), cut into 12 squares
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large baking dish (about 9 x 13 inches) with cooking spray; set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together butter, poppy seeds, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion.
Split open a roll and spread butter mixture on the top and bottom of the inside of the roll. Add 1 slice of ham and 1 square of cheese; replace the top of the roll to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Place sliders close together in prepared dish.
Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Instead of spreading the inside of the rolls with the butter mixture, melt the butter mixture in a saucepan on the stovetop. Pour the melted butter sauce over the top of the sliders and refrigerate for several hours. Bake the sliders covered, according to the recipe instructions. You can see an example of similar baked sliders here.
- Use Dijon mustard instead of yellow mustard for a zesty "kick."
- Swap out the ham and turkey for other meats and cheeses. You can try roast beef, chicken, or turkey, or even add a slice of bacon! American cheese, Swiss cheese, and cheddar cheese are all great options, too!
- Grab your favorite style of sliders buns -- I suggest King's Hawaiian Rolls, potato slider buns, or plain dinner rolls.
- Prep ahead for easy meals and parties! Assemble the sandwiches, cover them tightly, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Remember to soften the butter at room temperature before assembling the sandwiches. This makes it easy to mix and spread.
- Use the smallest side of a box grater to finely grate the onion. This will help the onion mix smoothly into the butter and will avoid any large chunks of onion throughout.
Serving: 1slider | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 45mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 0.3mg