Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This 5-Ingredient Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is a no-bake treat that's ready with just 10 minutes of prep.
Servings 24 slices
- 24 ice cream sandwiches
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed in the refrigerator
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel syrup
- Topping of choice: such as mini M&M’s, sprinkles, crushed Oreo cookies, toffee bits, chopped nuts, chopped candy bars, chocolate chips, etc.
Layer 12 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch dish. You may need to cut the last ice cream sandwich in half in order to get it to fit in the bottom of the dish.
Allow to soften for a few minutes and then use a spoon to gently press the ice cream sandwiches down a little bit. You can skip this step if you're using a very deep pan!
Spread half of the whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
Top with another layer of 12 ice cream sandwiches. Spread remaining whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle with additional chocolate syrup and caramel syrup, if desired. Sprinkle with additional toppings.
Freeze for about 1-2 hours (or overnight) to give the cake time to firm up before slicing and serving.
- Use a very deep baking dish, if possible. I've shown a deep lasagna pan here. If your dish is deep, you don't need to press down on the first layer of ice cream sandwiches -- just skip that step.
- Thaw the whipped topping in the refrigerator overnight before you plan to assemble the cake. Do not thaw the whipped topping on the counter at room temperature, or the texture will be runny.
- Allow the ice cream sandwiches to soften slightly so that you can gently press them down as you're creating the layers. This will help them fit in the pan!
- Prepare the cake at least 1-2 hours in advance of when you plan to serve it. The cake needs adequate time to firm up in the freezer again before you slice into it.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 239.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.5g | Protein: 3.1g | Fat: 10.5g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 20.2mg | Sodium: 156.3mg | Potassium: 2.9mg | Sugar: 17.8g