Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This 5-Ingredient Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is a no-bake treat that's ready with just 10 minutes of prep.
Servings 24 slices
- 24 ice cream sandwiches
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed in the refrigerator
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel syrup
- Topping of choice: such as mini M&M’s, sprinkles, crushed Oreo cookies, toffee bits, etc.
Layer 12 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch dish. You will need to cut the last ice cream sandwich in half in order to get it to fit in the bottom of the dish.
Allow to soften for a few minutes and then use a spoon to gently press the ice cream sandwiches down a little bit.
Spread half of the whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
Top with another layer of 12 ice cream sandwiches. Spread remaining whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle with additional chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. Sprinkle with additional toppings.
Freeze for about 1-2 hours (or overnight) to give the cake time to firm up before slicing and serving.
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches for a combination of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream in your cake. You can garnish the cake with sliced fresh strawberries just before serving and sprinkle with chocolate chips. A drizzle of strawberry syrup would also be a good swap for the caramel.
- Magic Shell: instead of the chocolate syrup, drizzle the top of the cake with Magic Shell topping.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: put a birthday spin on this fun dessert! You can purchase Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches at many grocery stores and Super Target stores. Use rainbow sprinkles as a fun topping, too.
- Toppings: I used mini M&M's (which are a favorite at my house), but Stephanie also suggested coarsely crushed Oreos, Heath toffee bits, chocolate chips, crushed waffle cones, chopped peanuts, Reese's pieces or Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkles: Garnish with different colored sprinkles to match the upcoming holidays. For instance, one reader suggested using red, white and blue sprinkles for Memorial Day or July 4th!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 239.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.5g | Protein: 3.1g | Fat: 10.5g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 20.2mg | Sodium: 156.3mg | Potassium: 2.9mg | Sugar: 17.8g