Herb-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Simple seasonings, fresh vegetables, and chicken pieces all cook together in one dish for an easy and satisfying freezer dinner!
Servings 4 people
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken pieces thighs, breasts, and/or drumsticks (I used 8 drumsticks)
- 1 pound baby red potatoes you can leave them whole if they’re small, or cut larger potatoes in half
- ½ pound carrots peeled and sliced into large chunks (or whole baby carrots)
- 1 onion chopped into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced dried onion
- ½ teaspoon minced dried basil
- ½ teaspoon minced dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon minced dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
Place chicken and vegetables in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with herbs and salt, and toss to coat.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil; freeze until ready to bake.
When ready to bake, thaw dish in refrigerator overnight.
Remove the cover and bake in a 375-degree oven for 1 hour. Check to see if the chicken is cooked through. Return to the oven, if necessary, until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Serving: 1/4 of the meal | Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 71.5g | Protein: 28.3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.7g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 644.2mg | Potassium: 399.1mg | Fiber: 6.8g | Sugar: 9.7g