Quick and Easy Pico de Gallo
Whether you're serving quesadillas, fajitas, tacos, or nachos, this Quick and Easy Pico de Gallo is a perfect 10-minute addition to any Mexican-inspired meal!
Servings 4 cups
- Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas 24ct.
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips 9oz.
- Grated cheddar cheeseFor the Pico de Gallo:
- 1 lb. cored chopped tomatoes (about 2 large or 3 medium tomatoes)
- ½ small red onion diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the pico de gallo ingredients in a large bowl. Allow to sit and “marinate” for at least 15 minutes, while you prepare the quesadillas.
To make one quesadilla: sprinkle grated cheese in a thin layer on one of the corn tortillas. Top with an additional tortilla and grill on a griddle or in a skillet until golden brown and crispy on both sides (about 3-4 minutes per side). Slice into triangles and serve with pico de gallo and tortilla chips.
- You can make this salsa in advance and store it in the fridge
- Try choosing high quality ripe tomatoes (in season if possible) for the best flavor
- You can a spicy kick to this by adding in some fresh red chili or dried red pepper flakes
- Chop everything evenly so it's you get a taste of everything in each bite
- Let everything marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1/2 cup pico de gallo | Calories: 64.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.8g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 5.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Sodium: 5.8mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 0.1g