Garlic Roasted Broccoli Recipe
This Garlic Roasted Broccoli recipe will quickly become your family's favorite side dish!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 large bunch broccoli (about 3 ½ - 4 cups of florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (I often use a squeeze bottle of fresh pre-minced garlic from the produce section as a shortcut)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Cut broccoli into small florets. Place broccoli in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, until evenly coated.
Spread broccoli in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast broccoli until the edges are crispy and the stems are crisp-tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Adjust the cooking time to suit your preference. I love a crispy, charred roasted broccoli, so I tend to leave the broccoli in the oven longer. If your kids don't want much char on the outside of the broccoli, pull it out as soon as it's tender (after about 15-18 minutes).
- Make sure to use fresh garlic (even pre-minced) and not garlic powder.
- Make sure your broccoli is fresh for best flavor.
- You can add additional seasonings such as spices, red pepper flakes or even parmesan.
- Leftover broccoli can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days and enjoyed cold in salads or reheated as a side.
- You can also freeze leftover roasted broccoli and defrost as needed
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 105.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.7g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 7.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Sodium: 41.4mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 2.6g