Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
The sweetest, most flavorful veggies to come out of your oven! These Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots are a healthy 5-ingredient side dish that only requires about 10 minutes of prep!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 lbs. carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole. Slice the carrots diagonally in 2-inch-thick slices.
Spread carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together brown sugar, orange juice, and salt in a small bowl until completely combined.
After 15 minutes, remove carrots from the oven. Brush (or drizzle) brown sugar mixture over the carrots; stir to coat, and return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes (or until browned and tender). You will not need all of the glaze (probably only 1-2 tablespoons will actually be used), so set aside the extra and drizzle a little bit more over the roasted carrots just before serving.
Season with additional salt, to taste.
- Cut all carrots to roughly the same size for even cooking.
- Preheat the oven before roasting or the cooking time will change.
- Make sure to spread the carrots evenly in one layer on a baking sheet so they roast evenly.
- Feel free to adjust the seasoning as desired.
- You can easily prep these carrots in advance by peeling them and storing them in the fridge, covered until ready to bake.
- Cooking for a Smaller Family? You can cut all of the ingredients in half and only roast 1 lb. of carrots. The roasting instructions remain the same.
Serving: 1/8 of the carrots (with about 2 tablespoons of glaze) | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 78mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6.5g