Dump-and-Bake Chicken Marinara Gnocchi
Just stir together all of the ingredients and you'll have a delicious Dump-and-Bake Chicken Marinara Gnocchi recipe in about 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 ½ cups (23 ounce jar) marinara sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (about ½ of a rotisserie chicken)*
- 1 (16 ounce) package mini gnocchi (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic**
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley or basil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together marinara sauce and chicken broth until smooth. Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and garlic.
Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove dish from the oven, stir, and taste one of the gnocchi. It should be tender and just about done (if it’s still too hard, put the dish back in the oven for a few more minutes). Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan over top of the dish, and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until gnocchi is tender and cheese is browned on top.
* For a shortcut, I like to use Tyson Grilled & Ready Shredded Chicken (which you can find in the freezer section), or other similar cooked chicken strips.
** For another shortcut, try using a squeeze bottle of fresh minced garlic, which you can find in the produce section at your grocery store.
- If you can't find the mini gnocchi that I've shown here, you can substitute with regular gnocchi. You just might need to add a few minutes to the cooking time to make sure that your larger gnocchi are tender, soft and fluffy!
- Swap out the chicken and replace it with cooked ground beef, sausage, meatballs, ground chicken or ground turkey.
- Prep ahead! Assemble the casserole in advance and keep it refrigerated until you're ready to bake.
- Cooking just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the gnocchi in a small (1-quart) baking dish. The instructions remain the same, but you may need to decrease the baking time by about 5 minutes.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 403.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 52.9g | Protein: 25.4g | Fat: 10.1g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1557mg | Fiber: 5.8g | Sugar: 8.8g