Dump-and-Bake Basil Chicken Breasts
Serve a 5-minute delicious, easy, and healthy dinner with these Dump-and-Bake Basil Chicken Breasts!
Servings 4 servings
- ½ cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- Optional garnish: additional chopped fresh basil or parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish (or any similar size that accommodates your chicken in a single layer) with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together wine, olive oil, Dijon mustard, basil, garlic, honey, Italian seasoning, and salt.
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the prepared baking dish.
Pour sauce over the chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated.
Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Baste with pan sauce periodically while the chicken is cooking.
Be sure to spoon plenty of the sauce over the chicken before serving! Garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired.
* I use 5 small chicken breasts that total 24 ounces. The small chicken breasts only require about 30 minutes in the oven. If you use much thicker, larger chicken breasts, you might have to increase the cooking time to about 45-50 minutes.
Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and prepare the chicken in a smaller dish, according to the same cooking instructions.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can put together the entire dish, cover it, and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. The chicken will marinate in the sauce before baking and it will taste delicious!
Serving: 6ounces of chicken and 2 tablespoons of sauce | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.7g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 7.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 312mg | Sugar: 0.7g