5-Ingredient Spinach Dip
This 5-ingredient creamy spinach dip is the perfect easy party appetizer!
Servings 4 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1.4 ounce) package Knorr Vegetable Soup mix
- 1 (9 or 10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach, THAWED
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- For serving: raw veggies, crackers, chips, or bread
Squeeze spinach dry. In order to get most of the water out, I like to wrap the cooked spinach in a dish towel and wring out the water by squeezing the spinach in the towel.
In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vegetable soup mix (just the dry mix), spinach, sour cream, and bell pepper until completely combined.
Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours (or overnight) before serving.
- Omit the red bell pepper and make a 4-ingredient Spinach Dip!
- Feel free to stir in other minced veggies for a colorful, flavorful dip!
- Make a healthy spinach dip by using light mayonnaise and low fat sour cream.
- How do you thicken spinach dip? The key to a thick, creamy spinach dip is really making sure that you squeeze all of the liquid out of the thawed spinach.
- Does spinach dip need to be refrigerated? Yes! The spinach dip will stay fresh on the counter at room temperature for up to 2 hours. After that, it's safest to keep the dip in the refrigerator.
- Can spinach dip be made a day ahead? Yes! The spinach dip will last in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Just make sure to give it a good stir again right before serving.
- Can you freeze spinach dip? No. The sour cream and mayonnaise will "break" when thawed and give the dip a very unappetizing texture.
- Is spinach dip keto? This dip has 8 grams of fat, 0.8 grams of sugar, 2.3 grams of carbs and only 87 calories in each 2-tablespoon serving -- making it a keto friendly appetizer!
- Is spinach dip gluten free? It's not clear on the Knorr website whether or not the seasoning mix is gluten-free. Since the product ingredients are always changing, they suggest checking the packet in order to determine if it's gluten-free. It should be marked accordingly.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.3g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 8.7mg | Sodium: 160mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 0.8g