Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This 5-star Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a cozy, easy dinner recipe for chilly days!
Servings 8 cups
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 cup chicken broth, plus an extra 1-2 cups to thin the chili at the end
- 1 (10 oz.) can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, not drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can of corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can of navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 ounce) packet of dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature and cubed
- Optional for serving: chips or cornbread; sliced green onions; sour cream; cilantro; grated cheese
Combine all of the ingredients (except for the cream cheese) in a large slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove the chicken and shred with two forks or chop. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and give everything a good stir.
Add the cream cheese to the slow cooker, stir, cover, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cream cheese melts and incorporates into the broth. At this point, stir in additional broth, as necessary, to thin the chili and reach your desired consistency.
Serve with optional toppings, chips, or cornbread!
- All slow cookers run on slightly different temperatures, so cooking times vary. My Crock Pot tends to cook dishes pretty quickly, so my chili is always done after 3 hours on HIGH. Kara leaves her chili in her Crock Pot for 8 hours on LOW, so that might work well for you, too.
- Start with a small amount of broth. The condensation from the Crock Pot will add more liquid to the dish. If you prefer a thinner chili, simply add extra broth at the end, to taste, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature and dice into cubes before stirring it into the pot. This will help the cheese melt smoothly into the chili.
- This white chicken chili is not very spicy. If you prefer more kick in your bowl, add cayenne or serve with a side of hot sauce or jalapeños!
- Make ahead! This chili just gets better as it sits, so you can make a batch on the weekend and keep it packaged in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat individual bowls for quick lunches and dinners throughout the week.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 1066mg | Potassium: 825mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 757IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg