4-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
This ground beef casserole couldn't be easier to make and is sure to please the whole family.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 8 ounce can Pillsbury crescent roll dough (I like to use the Crescent Dough Sheets, which don’t have any perforations)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef can substitute with ground turkey or chicken as well
- 1 cup salsa can substitute with barbecue sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I used 2% cheese, but any variety will work)
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. You can also use a 9 x 13-inch dish -- it will just yield a slightly thinner crust and beef layer. Either works well, though!
Unroll crescent roll dough and press into the bottom of the prepared dish to form a crust. Set aside.
In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain any fat from the skillet.
Stir in 1 cup of salsa.
Spoon beef mixture over the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.
Feeding a Smaller Family? Stephanie prepares this meal for just two of them now that her kids are grown up, and she says that it's delicious leftover the next day for lunch! I wouldn't know, since it never lasts more than one meal in our house. ????
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 287.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.3g | Protein: 23.5g | Fat: 14.7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 63.8mg | Sodium: 827mg | Sugar: 2.7g