Italian Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
These Italian stuffed chicken roll ups are so easy to make and are incredibly delicious. Made with provolone cheese and slices of prosciutto these are sure to please the whole family!
Servings 4 servings
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. thinly-sliced chicken breasts I buy thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts at my grocery store as a shortcut, but you can also use regular chicken breasts that have been pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 3 ounces thinly-sliced deli ham or prosciutto
- 4 slices or about 3 ounces provolone cheese
- ⅔ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley or 1-2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes
- ½ cup milk
Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Pour milk into a separate bowl.
Place a slice of ham and a slice of provolone cheese on each chicken breast. Depending on the size of your ham and cheese slices, you may need to trim them or cut them in half so that they are not hanging too far out of the roll-up.
Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
Dip chicken rolls in milk, then coat with a light coating of the crumb mixture.
Place chicken seam-side down on prepared baking sheet.
Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray (this will help it turn golden brown!).
Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve!
Cooking Just for Two? Cut all of your ingredients in half to prepare fewer roll-ups! The preparation instructions remain the same. Cooking instructions are also the same.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can prepare these roll-ups and freeze them for a few weeks before baking; OR you can bake the roll-ups, keep them in the refrigerator, and then just reheat them in a 350 (180C) oven for about 15 minutes.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe (about 1 roll-up) | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.3g | Protein: 34.6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Cholesterol: 88.4mg | Sodium: 727.6mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.5g