Dump and Bake Summer Pasta with Corn, Zucchini, Tomatoes and Chicken
This Dump-and-Bake Summer Pasta with Corn, Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Chicken is a quick, light, and easy dinner that your family will love.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes (can substitute with a can of undrained diced tomatoes)
- 1 small zucchini (about 1 cup), diced
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh, canned, or frozen is fine)
- 12 ounces (about 3 cups) uncooked uncooked penne pasta
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces about 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup chopped or torn fresh basil leaves, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In the prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), stir together cooked chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, uncooked pasta, chicken broth, 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese, about half of the basil leaves, minced garlic, and salt.
Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Garnish with remaining basil leaves just before serving.
Cooking Just for Two? You can prepare a much smaller casserole by dividing the ingredients in half and baking the dish in an 8-inch square pan. The cooking process remains the same.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can dice the chicken and vegetables in advance. When you're ready to prepare dinner, just stir the ingredients together and bake!
Serving: 1/8th of the recipe | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 5.8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 498mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 2g