Marinated Grilled Shrimp
A simple Marinated Grilled Shrimp recipe is the perfect easy and healthy dinner for warm weather months!
Servings 4 - 6 servings
FOR THE MARINADE:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 lbs. raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp (I use extra large or jumbo shrimp)
- Optional garnish: fresh lime wedges and additional chopped parsley
In a jar with a lid, combine all of the marinade ingredients. Shake until completely combined.
Place shrimp in a large zip-top bag or bowl. Pour the marinade in the bag with the shrimp. Seal the top of the bag and place shrimp in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes (but not more than 2 or 3 hours).
Remove shrimp from the bag and discard the marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill over high heat for 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through. If you prefer, you can also broil the shrimp on a sheet pan in the oven for about 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Garnish with fresh lime wedges and additional chopped parsley.
- I recommend marinating the shrimp for at least 15-20 minutes, but not more than 2-3 hours. The acid (lime juice) in this marinade will cause the shrimp to become rubbery or mushy if they’re left in the marinade for too long.
- If using wooden kabob skewers, it’s important to soak the skewers in water for a couple of hours before threading the shrimp. This will prevent the wood from burning on the grill.
- Shrimp cook very quickly, so keep a close eye on them and remove them from the grill as soon as they’re done. You know that they’re ready when they turn pink and opaque. Overdone shrimp will get tough, so they will likely only require about 3-5 minutes total over high heat.
Serving: 1/4 of shrimp plus 2 tablespoons marinade | Calories: 335.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.3g | Protein: 46.1g | Fat: 13.2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 344.5mg | Sodium: 455.1mg | Sugar: 3.1g