2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
These pumpkin muffins only require 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep!
Servings 12 - 13 standard muffins
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (just plain pumpkin -- NOT the canned pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box spice cake mix
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with baking cups. If using paper liners, I suggest that you give the paper liners a little spritz of nonstick spray as well, just to prevent any sticking.
In a large bowl, use a spatula to fold together pumpkin and dry cake mix. Then I like to use an electric mixer to make sure that the batter is fluffy and completely combined. It will be thick!
Use a scoop to fill prepared muffin tins with batter.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 5 minutes and then remove muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling.
These freeze really well, so store in an airtight container or a zip-top bag in the freezer and just thaw as necessary.
This recipe yields approximately 12-13 standard-size muffins OR approximately 30 mini muffins.
- This is really just a method, which can be tailored any number of ways to suit your family’s tastes. My kids love the pumpkin spice flavor that you get with a spice cake mix, but you can also use a yellow cake mix or a chocolate cake mix instead.
- Want to make pumpkin mini muffins? Use the same instructions, but bake the batter in a mini muffin tin for about 8-10 minutes.
- Want to make cupcakes? Just dollop these pumpkin spice muffins with a bit of cream cheese frosting, or cover chocolate muffins with chocolate frosting. The combinations are endless!
- Be sure to spray your muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper cups. If using the paper cups, I suggest giving the paper cups a little spritz with nonstick spray as well. Otherwise, these muffins may stick since they don't have fat in them.
- Freeze the extras! These two ingredient pumpkin muffins keep really well in the freezer, so stash some away for easy breakfasts or snacks throughout the fall. You can thaw them in the microwave or leave them to sit on the counter for an hour or so.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 5090IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1.2mg