Ham, Brie and Apple Panini Sandwich
Bursting with sweet-and-savory flavor, this Ham, Brie and Apple Panini Sandwich is a quick lunch or an easy dinner recipe that's ready in less than 20 minutes!
Servings 4 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used light mayonnaise, but any variety will work)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 slices crusty bread (such as ciabatta, sourdough, Italian or Hawaiian bread)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces sliced ham
- 8 ounces brie cheese, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (or olive oil)
Preheat panini press to 375 degrees. If you do not have a panini press, you can use a grill pan or a large skillet (just be sure to flip sandwiches halfway through cooking time so that they toast on each side).
In a small bowl, stir together mustard, mayonnaise, and honey. Spread mixture evenly on one side of 4 bread slices. Top with apple, ham, and then cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
Spread butter on outside of sandwiches (both sides), or brush with olive oil. Toast sandwiches in press until golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes.
Allow sandwiches to rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
- Pick your crusty bread -- thick-sliced Texas Toast or Hawaiian bread, sourdough bread, ciabatta bread, or a loaf of Italian bread will all work well.
- Use any cheese -- swap out the Brie and replace it with sharp cheddar, American, Swiss or Gouda!
- Don't want to use my honey Dijon spread? Try the sandwich with just mustard, just mayonnaise, or even with raspberry or apricot preserves!
- Use sliced pear instead of the apple.
- Use leftover ham from a previous meal (such as this Virginia Brown Sugar Baked Ham) or buy sliced honey ham from the deli counter -- anything will work!
- Swap out the ham in favor of your favorite meat. Use what you have in the fridge! Chicken panini recipes are great, and so are turkey paninis.
- Vegetarian panini recipes can omit the ham and just use the apples and cheese; or swap out the apples and make a roasted vegetable and cheese panini for another delicious meat-free combination.
Serving: 1panini | Calories: 880kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 2185mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 5.3mg