With just 4 ingredients, this Baked Taquitos recipe is the perfect easy dinner for busy families. The beef and cheese taquitos are also freezer-friendly!
Servings 6 people
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning (plus water called for on the packet)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas or about 10 flour tortillas
Prepare Taco Meat According to Packet Instructions:
Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain.
Stir in ⅔ cup water and taco seasoning mix. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
Stir cheddar cheese into taco meat.
Wrap corn tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave a few at a time for 20 to 30 seconds to soften them. You can skip this step if you're using flour tortillas.
Take one tortilla and spoon beef mixture down one side. Roll up tortilla and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Continue filling remaining tortillas.
Bake taquitos at 400 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes, or until crispy.
Can you freeze taquitos?
Yes!! These are a great freezer meal. If you do not plan to bake the taquitos right away, just roll them as instructed and place the assembled taquitos on a baking sheet in the freezer until completely frozen (this will keep them from sticking together when you store them). Once frozen, you can toss them all into a Ziploc bag and keep them in the freezer until ready to bake.
To bake taquitos directly from the freezer (without thawing): follow the baking instructions in the recipe below, but add a few extra minutes.
You can also freeze or refrigerate the taquitos after they are baked. This is a great way to save leftovers. Reheat baked taquitos in a 350 degree F oven for just 5-9 minutes, until they're warm and crispy again!
- Use this method to create your own taquitos recipe! You can make vegetarian taquitos by swapping out the beef and using pinto beans or black beans instead. Use ground chicken or turkey instead of beef, or make cheese taquitos by omitting the meat altogether and creating a filling with cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese and some taco seasoning!
- Have leftover shredded beef or chicken from another meal? You can use just about any leftover meat to make a taquitos recipe with shredded beef or a chicken taquitos recipe!
- Use corn tortillas, white flour tortillas, or whole wheat flour tortillas.
Serving: 1taquito (assuming 12 total taquitos with corn tortillas) | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2.9mg