Easy Chocolate Trifle
A Chocolate Trifle made with layers of brownies, chocolate pudding, caramel and whipped topping offers the perfect easy dessert recipe for any occasion! Prepare the treat in one large dish or in individual cups for a convenient, make-ahead option that will wow your guests!
Servings 8 people
- 1 (18.3 ounce) box brownie mix, plus additional ingredients called for on the package
- 8 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 8 individual snack cups (110 grams each) prepared chocolate pudding found in refrigerated aisle
- 4 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup Heath chocolate toffee bar bits (or substitute with Heath bars that have been crushed into small pieces)
Assemble the Trifle:
Using 1 large trifle dish or 8 individual cups, place a few pieces of brownie in the bottom of the dish. Break the brownies, as necessary, in order to get them to fit.
Drizzle caramel sauce over the brownies. Add a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of whipped topping, and a sprinkling of Heath bar bits. Repeat layers to fill dish, finishing with whipped topping and Heath bits.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight) until ready to serve.
Just before serving, drizzle the top of the trifle with a small amount of caramel sauce, if desired.
- Substitute with chunks of chocolate cake instead of the brownies in this recipe.
- For a no-bake trifle that you only need to assemble, purchase a tray of baked brownies from the bakery section of your grocery store.
- Make a Chocolate Trifle with Oreo by substituting crushed Oreo cookies in lieu of the Heath Bar bits.
- Other chopped up candy bars would also be a nice substitute for the crunchy Heath bars. You could try chopped up Snicker's or Milky Way bars, for instance.
- Make a Chocolate Trifle with Fruit! Add layers of fresh berries for a Chocolate Strawberry Trifle or a Chocolate Trifle with Raspberries.
- Add some booze to your dessert by making a Chocolate Trifle with Kahlua. Simply drizzle the brownies with the alcohol as your layering the dessert.
- Allow at least 2 hours of chilling time before serving (or you can make the trifle up to 24 hours in advance).
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 683.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 101.2g | Protein: 6.8g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.4g | Cholesterol: 52.3mg | Sodium: 652.8mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 64.2g