B.L.T. Pasta Salad
This easy pasta salad recipe combines all of your favorite flavors from a classic BLT sandwich!
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked mini farfalle (bow tie) pasta (or substitute with regular farfalle pasta)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
In a large bowl, gently toss together cooked pasta, tomatoes, bacon, Parmesan cheese, and Italian dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, stir lettuce into pasta salad
- This yields 4 servings for a main course, or about 8 servings for a side dish.
- Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half. The rest of the instructions remain the same.
- Make sure to cook the bacon crispy so you don't get undercooked fat in your salad.
- Don't toss the ingredients with hot pasta, make sure to cool it down with cold water.
- Feel free to add in extra ingredients such as olives or sundried tomatoes.
- Add the lettuce last minute as it will wilt quickly.
- You can store this salad in a plastic container and take on picnics or work.
- If making in advance just layer the lettuce on top of the pasta and mix it in just as you're about to eat. This will help keep the lettuce fresh and crisp for longer.
Serving: 1/4 of the pasta salad | Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2430IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1.4mg