Morning Glory Farm's Perfect Blackberry Cobbler
This classic blackberry cobbler recipe is the perfect easy summer dessert!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups blackberries (or substitute with raspberries, blueberries OR mulberries)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on the sweetness of your berries)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour + 2 Tablespoons, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a large bowl, gently toss berries with butter and lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of flour. Gently stir into berry mixture.
Pour berries into the bottom of a greased 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, ¾ cup flour, salt, baking powder, and milk. Pour the batter over top of the fruit.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
Tips For Making The Best Blackberry Cobbler:
- Use the best berries you can get your hands on
- If they're not in season and you're dying to make this you can also use frozen berries
- Top with vanilla ice cream...it's the best
- You can also add in different flavors such as lemon, orange zest or cinnamon
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1.5mg