Shortcut Apple Pecan Date Bars
Shortcut Apple Pecan Date Bars are an easy dessert recipe that's ready for the oven in 10 minutes!
Servings 20 bars
- 1 (15.25) package yellow cake mix
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon OR apple pie spice
- ¾ c. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 c. chopped dates
- 1 c. chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 13-in x 9-in baking pan.
In large mixing bowl, whisk together cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Add melted butter and eggs; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in apple, dates and pecans.
Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or just until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- Use your fingers to break up any large chunks of brown sugar when combining the dry ingredients, but don't worry about any smaller clumps.
- Pull the bars out of the oven when they're just golden brown. They should still be a little soft in the middle, since they will firm up a bit as they cool. This yields a chewy, gooey date bar!
- Eat them like blondies with your fingers, or garnish the bars with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an even more decadent treat!
- This easy date bar recipe freezes really well when wrapped tightly, so they're a great make-ahead option.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg